Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Killer Boredom

Good God, are we bored this week. One of my coworkers and I keep passing each other in the hall and roll our eyes every time we do, since we are both totally bored and cannot find enough to keep ourselves entertained. I have pestered everyone who needs pestering and still cannot do it. It’s 10am and my desk is nearly spotless. That is ridiculous. I guess I could apply for a few jobs and daydream about my new apartment some more, but I think that might drive me crazy rather than help.

I did get to see Speedy last night, for a whiplash change of topic. She wasn’t sure if they were going to be able to stop, and as such decided to twist some arms so that they would stop at the Baja Fresh near my parents’ house so that she could at least see Mom and potentially me. After getting out of my meeting, I decided to break a few traffic laws to go ahead and go try to see her. I managed to make it with something like three minutes to go, but I at least got to see my sister for the first time since April. She loaned me her copy of Bruce Campbell's autobiography, which I cannot wait to read, and after she left, Mom took me to Moonstruck to pick up hot cocoas and cheesecake. I really do adore my family sometimes.

Tonight’s the hash, and then tomorrow is our apartment walkthrough (hence the excitement), and Mr. Clean’s BBQ, which should be great fun. Actually, I take that back. Apparently the BBQ will be dramatic, so maybe I’m a little less excited.

Quote of the Day: “Save some face, you know you've only got one/Change your ways while you're young/Boy, one day you'll be a man/Oh girl, he'll help you understand.” Smile Like You Mean It, The Killers.

No comments: