Friday, May 13, 2005

Before I sputter out...

You know it’s going to be a good day when several things happen before 8:30am. First, waking up isn’t painful. Second, someone tells you something you’d been waiting months to hear and had given up hope that it would get said. Third, “Novocaine for the Soul” by the Eels came on over Indie Rocker’s iPod on the way to work and I got to hear the whole song. Love. And I even got to work before my boss, so that doesn’t suck either.

I’m pretty sure I’m stuck here for the rest of the afternoon though. Oh well. Good thing I got here a little bit late, so I’m stuck here even longer. Gah. On the bright side, everyone’s just kind of mucking around now, so no one cares what I’m doing. Perhaps I work some more on cover letters…

Quote of the Day: “Life is hard/and so am I/you’d better give me something/so I won’t die/You’d better give me something/to fill the hole/novocaine for the soul/before I sputter out/Guess who’s living here with the great Undead?/This paint by numbers life is fucking with my head/once again.” Novocaine for the Soul, The Eels.

No comments: