Friday, March 11, 2005

Ch-ch-ch-changes...

Time for a little spring cleaning around here. I am changing some names, editing a few things and perhaps sprucing things up. It’s all a little ambitious and I’m not sure what all I have time for, but I can start with some name changes.

First person I need to change is Headfirst. Seeing that he’s definitely a little more than a friend now, I think I need to change his nickname to something more appropriate rather than just using his hash name. Which is kind of stupid and arbitrary anyway. So I think he’s going to be The Boy until I come up with something better. I’m almost thinking of calling him Indie Rocker just because he’s all about some really obscure music and I keep ending up going to shows and seeing people I’ve never heard of. In a sense, it’s almost like dating a really athletic version of Strong Draught. Screw it, Indie Rocker it is.

YM is now WMD. If you need to ask, I can’t tell you the story. It’s really for Marshall’s benefit and my amusement more than anything else.

I’ve been very giddy for the past few days as Indie Rocker is clearly becoming a bigger presence these days. He’s totally not my type, but for whatever reason, the more I get to know him, the cuter he gets. We seem to have a million things in common and talking to him is getting easier and easier. I don’t want to jinx it, but things are going awfully well. We went to the Kasabian and The Music show earlier this week and had a great time despite Roche’s best attempts to annoy the living shit out of me. Being bodily thrown into a mosh pit I have no interest in being in doesn’t really endear me to people. People like Roche, who have a nonexistent relationship with appropriate. Whatever. I’m sick of talking about him!

Either way, Indie Rocker and I have been hanging out quite a bit more often and I’m totally OK with that. It sort of started as this repeat offender situation, but seems to be turning into something else entirely. Which I’m totally OK with. WRX was so funny when I kind of blew off part of our OC night to go to the show. I expected him to at least be annoyed with me, but instead he remarked that he was glad that I was a little less irritated with members of his gender these days. I think he thinks I’m funny when I’m giddy. Go figure.

Quote of the Day: “Today is gonna be the day/when they’re gonna throw it back to you/by now you should’ve somehow realized what you’ve got to do/I don’t believe that anybody feels the way I do about you now.” Wonderwall, Oasis.

No comments: