Tuesday, August 17, 2004

The Morning from Hell

It's really bad when your morning starts out the way mine did today. First, Chitown called me to ask me to move his car from my apartment, where it's been parked since I picked it up from the airport for him to somewhere closer to the Streetcar. That's an irritating enough request, but he did it at 5:50 am. So his car remains in front of my apartment, since it would have been too much of a hassle to move it. Was this somewhat passive-aggressive? Yes. Am I sorry? Nope.

Secondly, I ran into an episode of Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom in the bathroom this morning when I encountered a large green bug on Steamboat's towel right as I was getting into the shower. I had hoped that it was suitably scared and would remain hidden behind the towel, but as I was rinsing off, it decided to take a flying leap onto the shower curtain and start climbing. I managed to avoid screaming, but I think I still have conditioner in my hair and walked onto the bus with wet hair since my hairdryer is in that same bathroom. I thought it was a grasshopper at first, but after careful analysis here at work, we have determined that it was probably a praying mantis. I'm getting goosebumps just thinking about it.

I left a note on the door warning my roommates about the presence of a large insect in the bathroom. Like I said, at least I didn't scream.

On the bright side, I got to watch Ian Thorpe swim and win gold last night and made the discovery that Aaron Peirsol is really, really hot.

Quote of the Day: "Snakes. Why'd it have to be snakes?" Indiana Jones (Harrison Ford), Raiders of the Lost Ark

No comments: