Thursday, July 15, 2004

Boxes and Shelves and Bags, Oh My!

The new apartment’s still pretty much a disaster, but it’s starting to get to the point where it’s manageable. I’ve configured the furniture in the room now, so it’s really now just the issue of getting the boxes unpacked and getting the aesthetics to work. It’s a pain in the arse, which is why I’ve been so studiously putting it off. Also, I’ve had a lot of distractions, which always helps. What the hell have I done all week, anyway? Well, I did pick up furniture, go to a Surfrider meeting, finish moving out of the old place and also managed to go to dinner with the bike crew on Tuesday night and still make it out to my parents’ house as well. Now that it’s all written down, it sure doesn’t look like much, but it seemed to keep me pretty busy at the time.

I’ve also managed to spend some quality time with my roommates, so I don’t so much feel like I am living with two strangers anymore. It’s a nice feeling. Steamboat and I went out for beers with one of her friends the other night because it was about 8,000 degrees Fahrenheit in the apartment and I couldn’t stand to be productive anymore. She just couldn’t stand to be in the apartment anymore either, so we trotted down the street to where Laslow’s Northwest used to be and had beers at the new Laurelwood NW. It was great to just sit outside, drink beer and joke around for a few hours. Note to self, though. The nachos there suck. Oh well.

The past two nights I’ve been hanging out with Strong Draught, which has been entertaining. He and I have a lot of people we knew in high school in common, which always makes for interesting conversations. We went down to the coffee shop where he works and got coffee and sat around talking for an hour or two the other night and then when I came home last night, we sat around talking in the apartment for a few hours. It was good to get to know him a little better, so that’s cool.

Other than that, the apartment is hotter than hell. But there’s not much I can do about that. Oh well.

Quote of the Day: “I don’t need you anymore/I don’t want to be ignored/I don’t need one more day/Of you wasting me away.” Don’t Stay, Linkin Park

No comments: