Friday, June 18, 2004

Stress! It's not just for breakfast anymore.

Once again, I've managed to plan myself into a corner. Sweet. I've just discovered that I actually have every single weekend from now until mid-August booked, which really takes the fun out of things like impromptu keg parties at friend's apartments or random concerts on Saturday nights.

Don't get me wrong. I like nothing better than to have a full schedule and a full dance card. However, I really need to learn the value of the word "no." I have no concept of what that means, more often than not. For example, this weekend I am headed out to town tonight to attend the Surfrider retreat. I plan to go to meetings most of tomorrow and then surf for a few hours before retiring to Chitown's beach house for a party. Then I drive back to Portland at 0'Dark Thirty Sunday so that I can go to the CART race with Mom, Dad, and Speedy. Mind you, this is all stuff I want to do, so this isn't really complaining so much as grousing that I wish everything weren't scheduled for the same damned weekend so that I could actually attend things and relax rather than spending half of my week recovering from my weekend.

Plus, I'm now stressing about moving as well. Again, part of me has convinced myself to move home for a few months and just let things relax, but the other half has emailed two prospective roommates about rooms for rent. Go figure. I know that things will work out the way that they are supposed to and hopefully that will become glaringly obvious.

I'm so glad that my life is never boring.

Quote of the Day: "Show me, show me, show me how you do that trick/the one that makes me scream she said/the one that makes me laugh she said/and threw her arms around my head." Just Like Heaven, The Cure

No comments: