Thursday, February 12, 2004

Sunny days and better ways

I'm having an unendingly strange week over here and my mood is changing more often than an exit poll. It's starting to grate, but there really isn't much I can do. I'm not traditionally a moody person, but this week I seem to be on a roller-coaster and I can't quite figure out how to get off. I've tried flagging people down, crying, sulking and a few other tactics, but nothing's worked. I can try screaming--that might actually be fun, I think.

Sunny days in the winter here are few and far between and since my office doesn't have any windows, I don't get to enjoy it as much as I want to. I know I am spending all day tomorrow in the sunshine, but that doesn't mean that I don't want to spend today in it as well.

I am applying for a job in Costa Rica for the simple reason that I want to get the hell away from where I am right now. Things have been going pretty badly for some time, and it looks like I am nearing bottom. Which is a good thing on the one hand because it looks like I can't get any lower, but on the other hand, it's still the bottom. And God knows what kind of muck there is down there. Ewww.

Back to Costa Rica. I think I am a natural for this job, but I guess that I don't know what the timeframe is. I need to know more, but I am afraid to ask. Maybe I go look up the job description again or something.

I'm supposed to go out to dinner with the folks tonight for Dad's birthday, which will be fun, but I'm just hoping I don't get carded since I don't have my ID with me and it's going to be a pain in the ass, blah, blah, blah.

I feel like Strong Bad, when he says "Mglgrph, aslkdha, Yes, I am awesome!"

Quote of the day: What do I have but negativity/'cause I can't justify the way everyone is looking at me/nothing to lose/nothing to gain/hollow and alone/and the fault is my own/and the fault is my own. Linkin Park Somewhere I Belong

No comments: