Friday, April 23, 2010

Less of me.

I'm happy to announce that there is five pounds less of me around than there was in 2009. I've been eating better, running several times a week, and generally taking better care of myself.

This weight-loss thing has actually been a goal of mine for a long time, but rather than doing something about it, I've generally just felt bad and wanted to do something about it. I'm training for a half-marathon and generally eating less than I had been. I'm still drinking beer and eating pizza, just less of both.

I think I'm finally starting to succeed for two reasons--I'm doing it in such a way that I'm still eating things I like to eat, but I'm regularly working out and I'm also paying more attention to what I eat. Mindlessly eating and drinking too much have always been issues for me, so solving both of these problems and losing weight to boot is pretty freaking awesome.

I realize that moderation isn't exactly rocket science, but apparently it took me a while to catch on. But now that I have caught on, it feels pretty freaking good.

Quote of the Day: "Liberty Bell, if you put one more Baco on that potato, I'm gonna kick your little monkey butt." Mac MacGuff (J. K. Simmons), Juno.

No comments: