Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Things no one tells you...

I had read, and had heard from a number of people, that things in your relationship change once you go and get married. Now that I am a Mrs., which in and of itself is a weird concept to get used to, I've encountered this question from a bunch of people.

Indie Rocker and I laughed this off before we got married because we were already living together, raising the Munchkin, and figured we had it all figured out. Duh--how hard could it possibly be?

So glad we asked. It's not impossible, but there was a perceptible change. We both noticed it. I can't really put my finger on it, but I think part of it is the disappearance of an easy out. The escape hatch is still there, but now it involves attorneys, paperwork, and total acrimony.

That said, we have a lot more incentive to work on our relationship, and to work on ourselves. Indie Rocker is training for the Creampuff again, and I've decided to get in shape for short-track mountain biking, and running more often again. So much for the newlywed weight gain--if anything, we're both going to weigh less on our first anniversary.

I'm definitely getting more motivated to get back into cycling and running. Since I'm getting really, really close to graduation, it's about time to start thinking of what I'm going to get to do with all that free time! Well, when I'm not looking for a new job come September!

Quote of the Day: "When it starts, whatever the reason is that you're doing this, focus on that." Surgeon, X-Men Origins: Wolverine.

No comments: