Friday, February 15, 2008

I know, I KNOW!

Sorry it's been roughly forever since I posted--like my dad says: "Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans."

My excuses are as follows: scholarship applications, sorting out retirement stuff (seriously? When did I become a freaking adult?), training for a half-marathon, and school. Not necessarily in that order.

But now I seem to be coming out the other side of that, and I'm stoked about that. I leave for Tahoe in two weeks for Chick Ski II: Electric Boogaloo, and that's going to be awesome. I should probably check the snow report, but whatever. It will still be there.

On other awesome news, I am a total Grinch when it comes to Valentine's Day, and came home from class last night to the most pleasant surprise: Indie Rocker had made an awesome dinner, opened a bottle of wine, and there were red tulips in a vase in the middle of the table. Not bad at all! Definitely top five in the VD history.

I'm definitely looking forward to a nice weekend. Tonight, Indie Rocker and I are going to attempt #2 to celebrate our 3rd anniversary (I swear it's been that long, but I don't believe it either) since the restaurant we wanted to go to was inexplicably closed on Wednesday. We may go skiing on Saturday, and then it's off to Foley's birthday party. I have to run 6 miles on Sunday, so wish me luck, and Sunday is also Indie Rocker's birthday. Whew!

Should be fun, though. Anyway, it's good to be back, and since the 1001 list is up in less than two weeks, I should have several updates in the next few days.

Quote of the Day: "Make it work." Tim Gunn.

No comments: