Thursday, January 10, 2008

Actually, a short December...

"Long December" by Counting Crows came on the radio today as I was driving to work. As you may know, I have a tendency to listen to that song, and analyze my year accordingly.

It was nice to realize that for once, it didn't apply. I mean, obviously I hope that this year will be better than the last, but I'm not wishing it in a wistful way. I had a fucking great year, and I can only imagine that if it gets better, that's going to be awesome.

I just re-read my old posts regarding the topic of this song, and I'm glad that my need to torture myself with that song has lessened considerably over the years.

I really do think that the only applicable lyric is: "It's been so long since I've seen the ocean/think I should."

I even had good news from one of my classmates--apparently, last term was the most time-intensive term we'll encounter. And as far as I can tell, it's already weeded a few people out, so it served its purpose.

Quote of the Day: "It's been a long December/and there's reason to believe/maybe this year will be better than the last." Counting Crows, Long December.

No comments: