Monday, August 29, 2005

Keys. Woohoo!!!

Love it when the weekend largely goes off without a hitch. I managed to get out to the coast on Friday as planned, snagged a bed at the beach house, got some sleep in between update calls from the course, and watched more “King of the Hill” than I ever have before and it was hilarious. The hashers are totally cool and we actually had a really chill time.

Breakfast was made to order omelets, which rocked so, so hard. After that, the ladies hit the beach for some wandering, chatting and whatnot. The guys went to scout trail and play with the dog in the ocean. I have to admit, there is something about being right next to the ocean that’s incredibly relaxing. I really love it.

After that, we all lounged around the house drinking beer, reading magazines, and changing into hash clothes when we got motivated. Everyone else piled into the cars and headed to the hash while I headed down to the finish line to wait on Indie Rocker. I ended up having a great time running into friends and such so I certainly wasn’t bored. When his team finally did pull into town, we had a short discussion that ended with “meet me at the corner of Such and So Streets and get me the hell away from these people.” Fortunately, I was three blocks away and we made short work of the seven blocks between us and the house. Once I got him in the car, on the beach and got a burger in his hand, he was much happier. Tired, still, but better.

And I’ve only seen him that happy to see me once and it was when he got back from Malaysia. Not kidding!

Anyway, the rest of the weekend was spent partying, cleaning up the place, lounging some more and then eating fish and chips from the boat in Astoria, because that place kicks all kinds of ass because it’s really yummy. Then Indie Rocker slept most of the way home and I sang along to the radio.

Dinner was with Mom and Dad and I got to drive their brand new 2005 Volvo V70R, in midnight blue with beige leather interior, 300hp and all the bells and whistles. This car kicks ass.

And I get to pick up the keys to my new place tonight!!!

Quote of the Day: “The important work of moving the world forward does not wait to be done by perfect men.” George Eliot. (I was trying to come up with a quote about moving and this is what I got. Go me.)

No comments: