Wednesday, July 13, 2005

The best-laid plans.

I really, really wanted to ride my bike to work today. I talked about it all day yesterday, planned for it and got almost everything ready.

Then when the alarm went off this morning, I found myself all curled up in a warm bed next to a cute boy and didn’t quite make it out the door in time. Or within an hour of when I needed to leave. Oh well.

On the bright side, I did run three miles yesterday, even though I have to return my new running shoes since they gave me a blister. Bastards. You guys are probably going to hear quite a bit about my new exercise regimen as I seem to have found myself attached to a Hood to Coast team and I’m going to see if I can get into shape in time. We’ll see. However, it certainly gives me incentive to get my butt off the couch and go running/biking/anything that requires sweating. Which I’m OK with. Even if my quads are killing me. I’m still going hashing tonight, so hopefully that will help.

Oh, and I managed to be scarred for life before 10:00 am this morning. Let’s just say that one of my doctors might want to check his cable bill a little closer before he submits it to me to reimburse him for the cost of his cable modem, as they are on the same bill. I don’t need to know anybody’s proclivities as far as ordering movies goes, if you know what I mean. Gah. I have nothing against that sort of thing—I just don’t want to know!!!

One last thing…my history keeps clearing itself and that’s how I store my favorites. I am really annoyed with that. Grr.

Quote of the Day: “Is that really what my hair looks like from the back?” Hermione (Emma Watson), Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban.

No comments: