Thursday, June 16, 2005

About A Boy

Indie Rocker and I went and checked out Nick Hornby’s reading downtown last night. It was really cool for several reasons, namely that both of us have read most of his books (all, in Indie Rocker’s case) and have seen some of his films. He’s a great, great author with a wicked sense of humor. We were laughing quite a bit and I’m definitely going to purchase his new book. Ordinarily when I go to readings I get the book autographed then, but Indie Rocker isn’t the most patient person in the world and the line was astoundingly long. So we bailed and ran some errands.

I’m not having the most exciting life right now due to the fact that I am swamped at work and not able to get into as much trouble as usual. However, after this weekend, I’ll have more to write as I’m going to the Champ Car races with the folks and Indie Rocker. Since I have all the tix tomorrow, we’re taking Ty Webb as well, since he loves Champ Car as much as I do.

I just found out that some of the website maintenance for my department is up for grabs and I might be assigned to a portion of it. That rocks for several reasons, namely that I would get to learn DreamWeaver and that would look oh-so-good on a resume. Plus, I might actually learn some HTML and make this blog look less weird. And that’s one more thing off the list!

Quote of the Day: “Well, I've been listening to my gut since I was 14 years old, and frankly speaking, I've come to the conclusion that my guts have shit for brains." Rob (John Cusack), High Fidelity.

No comments: