Thursday, January 20, 2005

Chillin' Like a Villain

I really need to figure out something more clever to talk about today than spilling black bean soup all over my hand and mocking WRX for not knowing the back library of Jay-Z. Specifically the song “Big Pimpin’”, for the record since I’m not exactly the pre-eminent scholar of modern day hip-hop myself. Beastie Boys yes. Everyone else, not quite.

I guess I could rage about the weather, but it certainly doesn’t look like it’s about to change anytime soon. So much for skiing this weekend. And so much for taking my damned exam anytime soon. Marshall and I are starting to get irritated again, which is never a good thing. I was really hoping to take it before April this year. Argh.

Aside from that, the week’s been great. We had Social Club on Tuesday, which turned into quite the drinkup. The new parents made an appearance, as did most of the rest of the crew. It was a lot of fun to see everyone and even more entertaining to see Roche’s inability to figure out whom he could hit on to achieve the greatest degree of success. I’m going to hazard a guess that one of my closest friends is going to be pretty low on that scale. As my dad says, “Insanity is doing the exact same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.” He also says that “Hydrogen is not the most common element in the universe. It’s stupidity.”

I really am my father’s daughter sometimes.

Last night was spent hashing, which is something my knee didn’t particularly like, but the rest of my body seems to be just fine. The whole event was hilarious, particularly the part where we started from my old high school. Let’s just say that it’s my high school only in the sense that it bears the same name and is built on the same ground. Exactly nothing there now was there when I was. That’s a frightening thing to discover, let me tell you. The place looks more like the MAC than a high school. Go figure!

Quote of the Day: “Now can I get an encore, do you want more/Cookin raw with the Brooklyn boy/So for one last time I need y'all to roar/Now what the hell are you waitin for/After me, there shall be no more/So for one last time, n---- make some noise.” Encore, Jay-Z.

No comments: