Monday, November 15, 2004

I went down, down, down and the flames leapt higher.

Pyro weekend!!! It started out well and ended even better. The weather was perfect all weekend, which made going up to El Cabino so, so much fun. Friday night was great, as Roche picked me up on the bike (God, I just love saying that. The bike. So hot.) and took me to dinner. So fun, even if the road down to the restaurant was like, Lombard Street steep and badly maintained. The food was yummy, and the service was really good. After that, we headed back to his place to swap bike for car and go back to my neighborhood to meet Bumbershoot and take her out for a beer with us. We managed to hang out for a few hours before Roche ran out of steam and went home, so Bumbershoot and I hung out for a little longer before going home to go to bed.

Bumbershoot and I went to breakfast on Saturday morning at the Boulangerie, which was so yummy. It’s awfully spendy, but I figure that I can splurge occasionally. From there we ran errands on foot since we were both stuffed with good food. We managed to track down Joy and YM to trek up to the mountain with us. Roche was supposed to come with, but he was finally getting stuff done on his house, so we let him take the late bus by himself and the girls all went up together. We stopped by Wendy’s on the way, and discovered a new taste sensation—Kahlua Frosties. Yum. Really, yum.

By the time we got to the cabin, it was getting a little darker, but we hiked right up and started helping with fires and such. Chitown and Ty Webb were up there, as was Canuck and his brother, helping Redhead and the fam. Bumbershoot and Joy jumped right in, as I ferried people around using a flashlight since shortly after I got there, DB and family arrived, followed by State, Yooper, and a bunch of other people. Roche got lost, so we spent some time on the phone trying to find him. Hilarious. My favorite question was, “Does any part of this involve a dirt road?” Um, no. I refuse to believe that my directions were that bad. Anyway…

The party went great, actually. Everyone pitched in to help, we managed to burn 8-12 fires while I was there all while eating, talking, drinking Mirror Pond, and chasing each other around. It was great. Roche bonded with DB and Boarder, which is a little frightening. Apparently DB wants to ride motorcycles with Roche, since they were talking about them for quite some time. I’m just glad that DB was in a good mood for once. I’m becoming less and less interested in seeing what’s going to happen when Eire comes back to town since I’m becoming more and more interested in seeing what happens with Roche. Oh well. I’m not going to worry about this until I have to.

Sunday morning was extremely pleasant, as everyone gathered for yummy breakfast and chatting. It was great fun to sit around the table and make fun of each other as per usual. I’m really looking forward to the cabin this year, since I think it’s going to be a lot of fun. Roche asked me if he would be able to stay up there, and while I didn’t say no, I didn’t say yes either since it isn’t my call. It’s technically full, particularly the double beds, and now that Minnie’s up there too, there’s an extra half of a couple in limbo as well. Well, that’s a bridge to cross when we get to it. Seeing as there isn’t even any snow yet, I’m not so much stressing about sleeping at the cabin yet.

Wow, could I talk about the boy any more right now? Sorry about that. God.

Anyway, we all drove back in the morning so that Bumbershoot could get back to Eugene and Roche could work on his house. I got some things accomplished and then drove out to hang out with WRX for a few hours. I got to see his new place and hang out for a little while. He’s a great guy and we’re good at being friends. That kicks ass. He invited me out for beers next Saturday, since he’s hanging out with one of our mutual friends from Eugene. I’m very excited about the whole thing. Yay!

After that, I came home, cooked dinner for Roche, and went to my friend’s bday party, which was totally fun. I’m exhausted, but in a completely good way. Whew.

Quote of the Day: “In you I see dirty/in you I count stars/in you I feel so pretty/in you I taste God/in you I feel so hungry/in you I crash cars.” Ava Adore, Smashing Pumpkins.

No comments: