Sunday, July 11, 2004

Moving Day is over!!

I'm finally all moved into the new place in NW, even though my stuff is all over the apartment. For which I apologize to Strong Draught and Steamboat, as they are now tripping over everything I own. Fortunately, they both seem to have well-developed senses of humor about the whole thing and neither seems to want to kill me quite yet.

The new neighborhood kicks ass for a variety of reasons; not the least of which is the sheer amount of cool stuff I can walk to. There are grocery stores, coffee shops, libraries, restaurants, bars, boutiques and even the Streetcar. It's so refreshing to go from a sketchy neighborhood (albeit one that stands a good chance of improving with the new MAX line) to a real neighborhood with everything already there.

It cracked me up yesterday when it took me the better part of half an hour to walk the seven blocks to Strong Draught's coffee shop. I kept running into people I knew. It felt like college again.

What was even funnier was the story that Strong Draught told me when I got to the shop--the one about the squirrel in Steamboat's room that I apparently slept through this morning. Steamboat awoke to a squirrel actively bashing about her room, having exhausted all escape routes available to a rodent with a very small brain. This, of course, scared the hell out of Steamboat, who ran downstairs to wake up Strong Draught and make him get the squirrel out of her room. He staggers upstairs, manages to chase the squirrel into the bathroom where it bashes around a little more before discovering that the window is, in fact, open and makes a break for freedom.

I actually did hear them talking this morning, but thought it so weird that I rolled right back over and went back to sleep. Go figure.

Quote of the Day: "So here I am standing in your doorway... I've always been standing in your doorway." Mary Jane Watson (Kirsten Dunst), Spider-Man 2

No comments: